We are absolutely in love with this Italian Sausage Sandwich Recipe!! It’s VERY easy to prep and cook, and we have all the steps for you right here to make your own subs at home!
Here is how to make delicious Italian Sausages Sandwiches:
◦ Capital Italian Sausage
◦ Olive Oil
◦ Sub buns
◦ Bell Peppers (red and green)
◦ Tomato sauce
◦ Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
◦ Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
◦ Fresh Parsley (optional garnish)
1. Start by browning the Italian sausage in a pan with 1-2 tbsp of olive oil. Try to get color on all sides of the sausage but remove the links before they are fully cooked. Once cooked, remove the sausages, and slice the sausage into 1/2″ thick medallions once cooled enough to handle.
2. While the sausage is browning, slice your Peppers and onions into thin strips and finely chop 5-6 garlic cloves.
3. In the pan with the olive oil, begin to salute your vegetables starting with the bell Peppers, and then the onions after a few minutes. You can throw the sausage back in when you add the onions. Once everything is sauteed and lightly browned, add in the chopped garlic and stir fry for a minute until fragrant.
4. Add your favorite tomato sauce to the pan until you’re happy with the consistency for your sandwich filling. Stir and heat through before removing the pan from the heat.
5. Slice your sub-buns in half and drizzle with about 1 tsp of olive oil to help it crisp up in the oven. Spoon in your desired amount of filling and top with grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese and some torn chunks of fresh Mozzarella. Bake in the oven at 400°F until the cheese is fully melted (about 5 minutes).
6. Top with finely chopped Parsley as an optional garnish and wrap tightly in parchment paper before serving. Let the sandwich stay tightly wrapped before slicing for a minute or two to help it hold its shape.
👍 If you enjoyed this video, don’t forget to Like it and leave a comment.
We love hearing from you and we welcome your suggestions for future recipes!
▶️ Subscribe for more great recipes by Mariano & Alexander!: https://www.youtube.com/MarianosCooking
🔔 Don’t forget to click the notification bell so you never miss out on new episodes!
📌Mariano’s Cooking + Capital Kitchen are proudly presented by Capital Fine Meats. All of our products are made in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. To learn more about Mariano’s Cooking and Capital, please visit us at https://www.capitalfinemeats.ca/
🍽️ All our recipes can be found here: https://www.capitalfinemeats.ca/recipes